Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Unwanted <br> before each <input> field?

Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:01 AM
billc108

22 posts · Jun 2009
I'm not sure if this is an Atahualpa thing or a WordPress thing... I figured I'd start here and broaden the search for an answer to the WP forums if needed.

I'm building a form at <http://directory.sustainablesources.org/get-listed/>, and something is inserting a <br> before every <input> field. (Sorry, you have to be logged in to see the form. Feel free to use "sstest" for both username and pass.)

I've got Unfiltered MU plugin on it, so it should theoretically be showing my code as I entered it:

<strong>Contact Name: </strong><input type=text .....

etc. No line breaks anywhere between the field name and the input field. Instead, it's displaying in firebug as:

<strong>Contact Name: </strong>
<br>
<input type=text .....

Any ideas? Is there an better "don't mess with my code" plugin than Unfiltered MU?

Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 03:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
WordPress has a habit of adding is some extra html (try putting this in a post ' hello this<h2>is an H2</h2> and this is not' and you will get three lines)

For example, Atahualpa sets up some info for the comments form, then it calls the WordPress function 'comment_form()' to actually build the form.

There are lots of complaints about the fact that WordPress adds extra <br>'s and <p>'s into code. It's especially bad when you use the HTML editor and expect to see what you coded.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:07 AM
billc108

22 posts · Jun 2009
That's what I was afraid I'd hear.

So, any workarounds?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:26 AM
billc108

22 posts · Jun 2009
I think I found a way out of this:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wpautop