Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How do I find the header image file?

Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:29 PM
kimbuktu

1 posts · Oct 2009
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.1

I want to see the images available for my header, and probably add one of my own to use. The directions for header images reads:

All header images are located in /blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/. All images in that directory will be rotated. If you don't want rotating header images, leave only one image in that directory.

When I copy and paste /blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/
after my blog name in the search bar, it gives me a message that access is denied.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:47 PM
flaneur

10 posts · Oct 2009
Bloomington, IN, USA
Append /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/ to the address of your blog. Depending on your file manager, FTP program, or folder permissions, you may not get a list of files. However, that is the right folder to place your header images. I only have one custom image in my header folder so the image won't change.

Unless you log in to your site via some kind of FTP program, you won't be able to place a new header image through the search bar alone.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
WordPressZen.com

28 posts · Aug 2009
Canada/Utah
When I'm feeling too lazy to log into my hosting control panel or via an FTP client, I just quickly install the WordPress plugin called "My FTP" and upload my custom headers from right inside the WordPress Admin interface. You can upload and delete with this plugin, but you can't rename files. Just be careful you don't accidentally delete anything! I usually immediately disable the plugin again after I've used it for a quick upload.