Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Google Site-map Generator

Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:25 PM
buzz628

9 posts · Jan 2010
Just installed this plugin and created the sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz files setting the permissions up via CoreFTP LE client.

After activating the plugin, I go into Settings --> XML- Sitemap and I get a nothing. Nothing shows up in the middle and so I am not able build the sitemap even once.

Running Atahualpa 3.5.1

Any ideas?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you follow the directions in the plugin documentation? It worked for me.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:43 PM
buzz628

9 posts · Jan 2010
I went through it again and again but still nothing.

Where did I most likely go wrong?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you ' Edit or publish a post or click on Rebuild Sitemap on the Sitemap Administration Interface'
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:15 PM
buzz628

9 posts · Jan 2010
I went ahead and posted an article but still nothing.

I am not able to see the Sitemap admin page because when I go to it under the Settings, I get a blank page (well except for all the stuff on the left.)

I even went into the settings for this plugin itself and I get the same blank page
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Maybe a plugin conflict. Disable all your other plugins
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 PM
buzz628

9 posts · Jan 2010
That didn't work either.

I've tried uninstalling it multiple times. I tried it in multiple browsers. I don't understand.

This is the URL when I get the blank body:

http://toddscabinets.com/wp-admin/op...or/sitemap.php
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:14 AM
buzz628

9 posts · Jan 2010
I solved it! By accident...

I was playing around trying to get this to work and all of a sudden when I tried to access the Plugin section from the left menu I started getting a white screen with the 500 error Server error.

So I did a search on that and found some posts that solved that problem. I use 1and1 for my hosting and it seems that the default php version they use is php4. (I went to the FAQs and saw that they are going to change the default to php5 in the 3QTR of 2010. We'll see). Anyway, I went in and added an entry in the existing .htaccess file in my root folder to get it to run on php5 as was suggested and it worked. Not only did it fix my 500 error problem but I went in and installed the Google XML Site-map plugin, followed all the instructions and it worked fine.

This is what I did:

By default Apache uses PHP 4 for .php extension. If you don't want to rename all your
scripts to .php5 you can do the following:
Create a .htaccess file and place the following line AddType x-mapp-php5 .php in it.

Thanks for trying to help me. I hope this solution sticks.