Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Featured image shows first image included in post [Update for version 1.1.8]

Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:50 AM
Auteri

9 posts · Oct 2012
Netherlands
This is something I experienced before and expected to happen after upgrading to version 1.1.8.
I don't want all my posts to show a featured image, but the Montezuma theme unfortunatly likes a featured image a lot and will show some other image from the post anyway. So I had to change some code again to fix it.

Since the code has changed slightly, I thought it would be nice to post the solution again.

Open thumb.php and change TRUE to FALSE in line 36 and 41:

elseif ( FALSE !== ( $thumb = bfa_get_first_attachment_id() ) )
$hasthumb = FALSE;
elseif ( FALSE !== ( $thumb = bfa_get_first_unattached_gallery_img_id() ) )
$hasthumb = TRUE;
// if local image not added with WP uploader but added as manual HTML link
elseif( FALSE !== ( $thumb = bfa_get_first_img_src() ) )
$hassrc = FALSE;

This way the smart featured image handling is disabled.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
pardon_me

1 posts · May 2013
After "upgrading" to version 1.1.9 it looks this fix doesn't work anymore. Groan.

Any idea how to make changes to thumb.php now to not include the featured image?

The alternative way, to delete the line of bfa_thumb code from Montezuma postformat.php seems too aggressive and is more of an all or nothing approach to featured images. Sometimes you want to include a featured image in a post and making the changes to thumb.php worked well before to give you that option.
Old May 2, 2013, 03:07 AM
Auteri

9 posts · Oct 2012
Netherlands
I just did the upgrade and changed thumb.php the same way as I did for 1.1.8. To check the change I force a refresh by updating one of the posts. All worked well for me.

By the way, I use a childtheme for customizations: Add Customized Files “/Includes” Folder to WordPress Child Theme