Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

What PHP functions do you want to see as options in 3.6.8?

Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
nothing is safe to assume
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:45 AM
sjc999

14 posts · Jul 2011
Get specific post metadata custom field:

get_post_meta($post->ID, 'arg', true);

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sjc999:
Quote:
get_post_meta($post->ID, 'arg', true);
is not a php function, it's a WordPress function
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:18 AM
pumpkinslayer

1 posts · Sep 2011
do_shortcode
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:50 PM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
in post/page items/footer I use:

<?php if (! is_front_page()) ....
(! is_page(2750))....
(is_page(2750)).....
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
awcguy

34 posts · Feb 2011
West Virginia
Send a message via AIM to awcguy
Optionally; why not have a build for php usage that does not go through wordpress.org?

The people using this theme with php customizations trust the theme now.

make it donation based, gold members
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by awcguy
Optionally; why not have a build for php usage that does not go through wordpress.org?

The people using this theme with php customizations trust the theme now.

make it donation based, gold members
We are looking at the idea of having a "premium" version of Atahualpa but there is no time frame set for that.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
Aubergine

15 posts · Sep 2009
Maryville, TN
If possible, write external css and js to files instead of using a query string (?bfa_ata_file=css and ?bfa_ata_file=js) to get rid of partially encrypted errors on SSL pages in Chrome (rex X-ed padlock), Firefox, and IE.

What did not work:
Detecting protocol with PHP (or JavaScript) and using it in the echo statement with the domain name.
Using // syntax for the protocol.
Making sure there were no instances of http:// in CSS options or in the js.php file; $homeURL was reported correctly.
Removing the JS options from the header image.

The links displayed correctly in View Source as https://domain.com/?bfa_ata_file=x, but Chrome (Developer Tools/Console) reported that the pages ran insecure content from http://domain.com/?bfa_ata_file=x not https://...

What worked:
Writing the generated css and js to new files and referencing them in header.php and functions.php instead of the dynamic files.

It takes a little time to write the css and js to files if changed, but at least I can keep using Atahualpa with this site.

Last edited by Aubergine; Sep 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Add more information
Old Jan 4, 2012, 02:18 PM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
Did any of these suggestions make it into a release yet?

I just went through the release announcements from 3.6.8 to 3.7.2 and can't see anything about this stuff.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by webalyst; Jan 4, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 04:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
These requests are for the next major release of Atahualpa, the releases from 3.6.8 to 3.7.3 have been bug fix's
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:35 AM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
These requests are for the next major release of Atahualpa, the releases from 3.6.8 to 3.7.3 have been bug fix's
Thanks for the update - I guess that's a change of plan cos the thread was posted asking what people wanted in 3.6.8, which makes sense since while technically these aren't bugs, they are needed to help us get round something that was working and now isn't.

So, when might we expect this lost functionality to be restored (at least in part) through suggestions like support for do_shortcode?

I really could do with that ASAP! (since June 2011)

Mark