Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Atahualpa & eCommerce - What's your recommendation?

Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Atahualpa & eCommerce - What's your recommendation?

I'm currently updating the website for an organization that has decided that they'd like to have a tiny store front to sell a small amount of merchandise. Mostly downloadable print materials.

I've played around with a few ecommerce solutions (wp ecommerce & woocommerce), but they seem way to advanced for the items they want to sale (seriously less than 10) and the conflicts between their files and ata's files are infuriating. Unfortunately, it does need to be a full on thing, so paypal buttons won't quite work.

Has anyone encountered a ecommerce plugin that works out of the box with Atahualpa?

The site is being set up with:

WP 3.4
ATA 3.7.7
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:56 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
I trialled a few and I too found them extremely frustrating...

If you only have a few items then I think the free version of Ecwid - http://www.ecwid.com/ would do just fine...

I have a demo site using atahualpa and a store set up at http://www.handcraftedjewelleryby.me/store-2/
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:03 AM
stevinoz

61 posts · Sep 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to stevinoz
wp-ecommerce is a nightmare with sooo many bugs it's not worth even starting with it.

WinkPress says it's "Riddled with bugs" and I must agree, help forum, yes but it's not run by the makers of the program just people who are willing to give it a go look through the forum and see how many people don't get answers.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:33 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For fewer than 10 items Ecwid is free and integrates nicely with WordPress via a plugin. I have used it on several sites.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 05:41 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I've used Woo Commerce and never again, they have terrible, rather rude customer service and any updates wipe settings you make elsewhere.

I would love there to be something that just worked, without loads of fiddling around. My client needs more than 10 items sadly and the paid version of Ecwid is out of budget.

Looking through the forum I see that http://www.jigoshop.com/ has some issues too.

Last edited by moomum; Jun 24, 2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 09:43 PM
stevinoz

61 posts · Sep 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to stevinoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by moomum
I've used Woo Commerce and never again, they have terrible, rather rude customer service and any updates wipe settings you make elsewhere.

I would love there to be something that just worked, without loads of fiddling around. My client needs more than 10 items sadly and the paid version of Ecwid is out of budget.

Looking through the forum I see that http://www.jigoshop.com/ has some issues too.
looks to me that woocommerce is really the only option for more than 10 or more complex products, has anyone else found a different option?