Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Replace header image with flash on home page only

Old Oct 11, 2009, 01:31 AM
shumes1025

9 posts · Aug 2009
I have read some other post on this but I do not understand. I don't even know how to turn off the header image as was suggested in another post.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will have to be more specific as to your problem. You could also offer to hire someone to do it is it is too big a project to do yourself
Old Oct 12, 2009, 01:33 PM
shumes1025

9 posts · Aug 2009
Hi Juggledad;

Not sure what I would be able to pay. I am looking for help on the site:

http://blog.metromerchantservices.com/

I was able to get some code from another post and a sample flash file. I cut and pasted the code but it did not work. It came back with and error saying that a parameter was missing without a bracket.

I changed the header back to %image from %flash and got back to square one.

If you want I can post the code I used.

Steve H.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:06 AM
tenn10

2 posts · Oct 2009
Replacing the images in header with flash

Does anyone know how to replace the main header images with flash animations. I have placed in the following code modification to the config file as below. It does not work for me.

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

My Site: http://blog.metromerchantservices.com/
Ver. Atahualpa 3.4.1
Modified Code for bfa_header_config as attachment

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: txt bfa_header_config.txt (15.2 KB, 2026 views)

Last edited by tenn10; Oct 14, 2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Put attachment in
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:04 PM
StellaBlue

5 posts · Aug 2009
Hi Steve,

The %flash[url,width,height] param should work for you. If you got an error about missing bracket, you might be missing leading or trailing bracket. I know the code checks for it, since I wrote the %flash modification. I have tested on numerous blogs.

here is syntax for %flash param: %flash[url, width, height]

example: %flash[header.swf,900px,200px]

where url is location of .swf movie. If movie in theme 'images/header' folder, url can be just filename, or url can be full URL if .swf in different location.

width is width of flash movie in pixels, the px suffix is optional.

height is height of the flash movie in pixels, the px suffix is optional.

here is link to %flash article . However, using %flash will apply to all pages, not just home page.

Good Luck with it!

Last edited by StellaBlue; Oct 15, 2009 at 05:11 PM.