Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

"leave comment" not showing on posts in specific cagegory

Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
"leave comment" not showing on posts in specific cagegory

Have a category labeled "blog". In all other categories on the site I have "allow comments" turned off. But, I want posts to allow comments in the "blog" category. Currently, even though posts to this category have "allow comments" turned on, the comment template is not showing up.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
In all other categories on the site I have "allow comments" turned off.
ummm where do you set this?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 12, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
sorry, not categories but posts . . . where you once told me . . . in the quick edit section
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok

now could you re-ask your question.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:14 AM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
On a website I am creating, I have used categories to label several of the items on the main menu. Within those categories I have inserted posts. Only one of the categories is open for input from viewers, i.e. comments. However, when I add a post to this category, no comment template appears.

www.ultimatesalessystem.com
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Only one of the categories is open for input from viewers,
and how to you open a category for comments?

Comments are associated with posts. A category is a grouping that post belongs to. A post can in in multiple categories

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 12, 2012 at 08:39 AM.