Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Theme Change Causes Problems

Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:38 PM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Hi Flynn,I had a problem with thumbs & Atahualpa 3.4.5, (on wp2.9.1 @ travelhorizonstyle.com.au). Also my host says I'm using too much cpu, so I changed themes, and then back again to Ata.

Please help as now
a) ALL my categories only display a maximum of 3 posts, and
b) all posts have comments turned on, when they were all turned off before. When I edit a post, the []Allow Comments box is off.

It looks like the index file's loop has somehow been modified when I viewed 3 other themes (default, swift & afterburner). Should I re-install Ata (and loose previous mods again?)
Kind regards, Joan.

Last edited by joan; Jan 22, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the theme options are stored in the DB so unless you delete them from the wp_options table they will remain, so swapping themes shouldn't have any effect other than possibly if you are using the new widget areas. When you pick Atahualpa again you should get the look and setup you had previously

The Afterburner theme changes the number of posts displayed on a page to 3 (a real no-no in my mind - a theme shouldn't change things in 'Settings' without teling you!) - who knows what else it does.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Thanks Juggledad, that fixed it. What a naughty theme then.
I fixed the comments by turning them off for each post.

I'd like to take off the text "Comments are closed." at the bottom of each post. Do you know which file to edit ?

Thanks again for the above.
Regards, Joan