Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Pop-ups not working with Atahualpa?

Old Nov 4, 2009, 09:20 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
I have a site I'm working on that is giving me nightmares. I'm trying to use WP Popup Scheduler and I just can't get it to work. I've tried a couple of other pop-ups also and they just aren't working either. I've got them working on other sites with no problem.

I've tested also by turning my cache plug-ins. Still no go. I've sent emails to the plugin developer (for both plugins I tried) and have not heard anything back.

I tested them on another website I did and they both worked great. But it was not the Atahualpa theme. So I'm wondering if there is something that I might need to do with Atahualpa to get it to work. I'm on WP 2.85, Atahualpa 3.4 PhP Version 5 (I've also tried clearing my cache and tried it on other computers.

The 2 plugins I've tried alot are WP Popup Scheduler (my first choice) and MaxBlogPress Popup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:39 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Short update on this. I've had 2 people tell me they can see the pop-up. I yet have been able to see it. Beginning to think it is not a theme problem since some can see it. Site is Sandy Gluckman I would love it if someone has the time to go to the site and see if you see it. and let me know what browser you're using. Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
on a Mac osx 10.5.8 it does not show up in Safari, but DOES show up with Firefox
Old Mar 29, 2011, 03:07 AM
galaxyh6

2 posts · Mar 2011
Hi, I try to install popup using OptinPop Plugin and appear does not work as well. I use Firefox 4 and IE 7. The pop up is simply did not appear either on exit or on page load. Would you have advice how we can solve this ?

Appreciate it & thanks
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:17 AM
galaxyh6

2 posts · Mar 2011
Wp is version 3.1

ATO Version is 3.6.4

The site is http://senuke-x-reviews.com

Thanks & appreciate your help
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
does it work if you use the twenty-ten theme?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Go to the plugin's site and take a look at the help area. It will guide you through the steps to find a solution.