Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widgetize the RSS box area

Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:12 AM
SFGolfer

7 posts · Oct 2009
I'd like to use the RSS box area for a custom widget.

I attempted to use this in bfs_header_config.php after the blog title/description:

Quote:
$logo_area .= '<td valign="middle" style="background:#ffff00;">Test' . bfa_widget_area('name=Header Widget') . '</td>';

Disabled all RSS and the Search box. The word 'test' and the yellow background correctly appears in the far right portion of the logo area but the widget sits on top of the entire logo area. I would like for it to appear in the table cell.

Am I on the right track?

Is there a way to simply use the RSS box itself?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There might be, but remember once you start customizing the code, you have to make the customization each new release. Why not build your own header area via the new widgets ?