Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Center column widgets only on home page?

Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
rocksrock

1 posts · Oct 2010
Hey there!

I am ramping up my wordpress site using Atahualpa. I have figured out how to make center column widgets below the loop, but I want them to only display on my home page. I'm very new to this, so if there is a certain place I need to put code, can you please explain it to me? To get the two widget columns to display I added this line of code in the "Content Below the Loop" section. <?php bfa_widget_area('name=CenterWidget&cells=2&align=9 '); ?>

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could try using something like the followng which is a conditional. The first example if if you are using a static home page and the second is if it is a blog page but you would have to change the id of the page for your situation.

HTML Code:
<?php if( is_home() ) bfa_widget_area('name=CenterWidget&cells=2&align=9'); ?>

<?php if( is_page('44') ) bfa_widget_area('name=CenterWidget&cells=2&align=9'); ?>
Old Oct 30, 2010, 06:34 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
A very easy way to do this is to us the "TS custom widgets" plugin.

Its very easy to use and allow you to specify which widget appears on which page.

ps: if there are no widgets in a widget area it wont display