Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Home Page Center Style vs other Page Center Styles

Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:55 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Ok...I seem to have something going here and i don't want to mess everything up by continuous playing. (Although I will likely do that anyway)

On my Home page I have the center column, header and the footer the exact same width. But on all over pages the center column seems to be a tad smaller. Not sure which code needs to be changed. Been playing with the Post Container but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Or I may not be putting in the right CSS.

ATA 3.5.3 WP 3.01

Home Page
Example of other page. This one needs to match the header and footer.

Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:44 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
I keep playing but cannot figure this out. On the home page I have 2 sidebars. On most other pages i have no sidebars so the center column isn't moving over to the edge. I'm assuming this is because of padding/margin, but if I remove the padding/margin then it messes up the front page. So how do I get the center column to line up with the footer and header? I know I must be missing a simple setting, but I swear I've tried everything.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 05:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your home page -as it is when I just looked at it, does not have any sidebar. You do have a widget area in the post. Go to ato->style & configure sidebars and see if you have the left sidebar set to display on the home page
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:47 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Actually I should have clarified that. My front page (which was the example below) has 2 sidebars, my home page (blog) (which I 'm working on) has just the the right sidebar. All other pages have no sidebars.

On all other pages the center column is not matching up on the sides as seen here. This is where I'm having problems. I've exported out my settings to another test area to play with them but still can't figure it out,
Old Oct 9, 2010, 07:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
One solution may be to set the padding on the center column (td#middle) to 0 and add a right border to the left sidebar and a left border to the right sidebar. The borders should be #E4AD55
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well now the site is maintenance mode...
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
It's off maintenance now.

However, I figured that I was doing most of the adjustments on the sidebars which then affected the styling on the center when it "stood along". So i went back and played with center styling, adjusted the sidebars settings now I finally have it working. Took me a while but I finally figured it out.

Thanks for making me think.