Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Three Issues: GIF backgrounds turning black / Can't center Wordtube videos / Bullets

Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:24 AM
ClearlyRobert

20 posts · May 2010
Three Issues: GIF backgrounds turning black / Can't center Wordtube videos / Bullets

I just upgraded to Atahualpa 3.4.9....

= all of a sudden my gifs have a black background in the transparent areas - all of them, including new uploads. google shows a lot of folks have the problem, bu no clear answer to solving the problem. ideas?

= i am using wordtube which works great - but all kinds of problems centering the video.

= also, i want to put a line feed between my bullets but they are always stripped out when i update page. using tinyMCE Advanced and clicking the "Stop removing..." but still have the problem.

Any help appreciated - especially with the black gif problems

Robert
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you copy your images to the new atahualpa folder?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:59 PM
ningalooclub

9 posts · May 2010
Western Australia
Just started having the same problem with the gifs.

Found these links but not sure what to do with the php stuff on the first one.

http://www.akemapa.com/2008/07/10/ph...image-png-gif/

Another solution apparently is to save the images as 24bit png files, will have a go.
Ok for me as on a new site with not too many images.

From the link:

If you use PNG instead of GIF, and make sure the PNG image (with transparency) is saved in 24-bit mode, when you upload it you will not see black backgrounds.

The black background issue only affects images with transparency that are stored in less than 24 bits of color depth (i.e. 8-bit images).

Since GIF format only allows a limited 8-bit color palette, the problem will regularly affect GIFs with transparency.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/290951

Wouldn't mind solving it for gif files though, haven't found any posts about it.

"To fix it, you need set alpha channel imagecolorallocatealpha to 127." ok but this is a big blank for me?