Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP-PageNavi Not Meant for Multi-Page Posts?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:56 AM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Information WP-PageNavi Not Meant for Multi-Page Posts?

This might be, probably is, an embarrassing question but I've been trying to get something a bit more "aesthetic" to show up for multi-page posts than just Page 1 2 3 ...

I installed wp-pagenavi (which I discovered afterward has dire warnings about uninstalling it, as in you can only do that once) ... but it didn't have an affect on my multi-page posts.

I searched the plugin site for info on this and the whole subject of splitting post pages seems to be ignored.

Is this not the purpose of wp-pagenavi? Or at least not one of them?

And supposing I leave wp-pagenavi in ... then I have two different navigation looks.

If not wp-pagenavi, then what? The "Page 1 2 3 ..." is majorily boooring!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I see the value of wp-pagenavi once you exceed the number of posts on the Home page ... but ... well ... if this one doesn't, isn't there a plugin that presents the same "look and feel" for split posts?

Last edited by fromtheranks; Jun 27, 2009 at 01:33 AM.