Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

Header images don't show? Read this ...

Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If your header images don't show check
  • if the file names have spaces or special characters (they should NOT)
  • if there's a space somewhere in the path to the image: /wp-content/themes/atahualpa 3/images/.... (there should be NOT)
  • if the file names end on .jpg, .gif or .png (they should)
  • if your graphics program added something like .LCK after the image name: myimage.gif.LCK (it should NOT)
Related to all images in CSS, not just header images:
  • use absolute paths when using background: url(image) somewhere in the theme options: background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/myimage.gif)
  • If your site is in a subdirectory /blog/ then use background: url(/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/myimage.gif)

In version 3.3.3 a wrong Example path to images may be shown in the theme options. Something like

yoursite.com/wordpresshttp://www.yoursite.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header/

This should be

http://www.yoursite.com/wordpress/wp...images/header/

or

/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header/

Both would work
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:30 PM
ldaily
This message has been deleted by ldaily.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 04:21 PM
adjusterpro

2 posts · Mar 2009
Flynn, the header image in my blog only shows roughly every third refresh both in IE and Firefox (haven't checked Safari). As directed, I cleared the folder of all but the one desired image and did double check the file per your recommendations above. Still, no dice. Any suggestions would be super appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:00 PM
adjusterpro

2 posts · Mar 2009
Scratch that, I hadn't properly cleared the folder. All's well now. There was a .LCK file in there for some reason. I'm a bit new to this...
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:19 PM
ldaily
This message has been deleted by ldaily.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:48 AM
Amanda

1 posts · Apr 2009
I had the same problem and deleted the .LCK files. Now all works perfectly. I think Dreamweaver creates the .LCK files as part of the check-in/check-out facility. I may be wrong.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:23 AM
imabeliever

6 posts · Apr 2009
I am having this issue and have checked the file name etc. What else can I do to make my image show up?
Help! Please....
I donated for your time.
Thanks
Laura
imabeliever
Old Apr 10, 2009, 06:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should add the name of your site so someone can look at the underlining code.

Also make sure in the Atahualpa theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header Area that you have %image entered. If you don't, the image area won't display
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
imabeliever

6 posts · Apr 2009
My site is http//www.kangenworldteam.com

Thank you for looking into this for me.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:03 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Laura, I think you mentioned on wordpress.bytesforall.com that you've put the images into
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/New Directory

Put them into
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/

instead.

On another note, don't use spaces anywhere in file names or directory names, if it is supposed to run on a web hosting account. Spaces work on Windows but not on Linux, which is usually the operation system of choice on web hosting servers.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
imabeliever

6 posts · Apr 2009
I switched to Montezuma to see if it would work there. Nope....here is the exact directory copied from the "remote site" address window

/httpdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/header/longbeachpic.jpg

what the heck? I am super frustrated

Laura
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:27 PM
imabeliever

6 posts · Apr 2009
Now I got the picture inserted finally...after tearing my hair out! Now the photo shows on almost all pages except "Home" (pretty important) and the about us page

What to do??
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:10 AM
nanessa

1 posts · Apr 2009
Waterloo, ON
Hiya,
I've done all things mentioned above and I still can not for the life of me get ANY pictures to show up in my header. I haven't had any pics show up since I installed it. Is there anything else I should be looking at?
www.thislittlebird.ca
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanessa
Hiya,
I've done all things mentioned above and I still can not for the life of me get ANY pictures to show up in my header. I haven't had any pics show up since I installed it. Is there anything else I should be looking at?
www.thislittlebird.ca
You have a space in /atahualpa 3/

There shouldn't be a space anywhere, neither in file names nor in directory names
Old May 11, 2009, 07:52 AM
Ricco

1 posts · May 2009
I've got a problem but I don't know where to change it. The path shown below is wrong, but how to correct it?
Old May 21, 2009, 01:48 AM
ciocchi

28 posts · Mar 2009
my header want rotate, only static and rotate each time I reload page.
I set everythnig yes in editor, but nothing?
why?
www.mialchemilla.it
ps. I donate few dollars for a beer...
Old May 21, 2009, 05:48 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciocchi
my header want rotate, only static and rotate each time I reload page.
I set everythnig yes in editor, but nothing?
why?
www.mialchemilla.it
What's your setting at Theme Options -> Header Image -> Rotate header images with Javascript? Should be something else than 0

Quote:
ps. I donate few dollars for a beer...
Thank you. I added it to your user name.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco
I've got a problem but I don't know where to change it. The path shown below is wrong, but how to correct it?
The example path that is shown is wrong, a bug in 3.3.3. However, while confusing, it does not affect the functionality. Upload your images to /blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header/
Old May 22, 2009, 01:03 AM
ciocchi

28 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
What's your setting at Theme Options -> Header Image -> Rotate header images with Javascript? Should be something else than 0

Thank you. I added it to your user name.
yes i set it to 3 but nothing (also preload on or off is not working)
I previuos use the trick to do this in 3.3.2 possible this effect on malfunction? ( I delete the old code)

UPDATE:
now is misteriously working.
:-)

Last edited by ciocchi; May 22, 2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:48 AM
mal1986
This message has been deleted by mal1986.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:29 PM
mal1986
This message has been deleted by mal1986.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:18 PM
ncristine

7 posts · Jul 2009
Hi There
I'm still missing something. I am not able to even access the images folder.
I've signed in and when I add the path to the admin path it can't find the server.
All I want to do is upload my own custom header to the bytes theme. When I add this path
wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header

to

http://humanresourcefullness.com/wp-admin/index.php

or any variation it doesn't work.

What am I missing?

This is for the atahualpa 3 template

I really appreciate your help
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In atahualpa header images are in teh directory yourblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpaxxx/images/header
you may or maynot have the /wordpress' depending on how you did your install of WordPress and the xxx represents the version number of the theme if you named the file that way.

You will need to use an FTP program to upload images to that folder.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:20 PM
ncristine

7 posts · Jul 2009
It's the directory to the images that I can't find and when I copy and paste the url that you cited here it says forbidden.

bytesforall is the template. How do I get to the folder of images? Where is it?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:27 PM
ncristine

7 posts · Jul 2009
Hi There
Thank you again for helping.

In his case, his blog is an alias to another site with images. I'm not seeing the template files there. Likely because its an alias.

How about just stopping the rotating images. Is that possible, since it seems we can't get our custom header in.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You have me confused, are you using the 'Atahualpa' theme or the 'bytesforall' theme?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:10 AM
ncristine

7 posts · Jul 2009
hmmm....that's interesting. It says Current Theme
Atahualpa 3.4.1 by BytesForAll

Version 3.4.1 – Atahualpa is a WordPress/PHP/CSS Framework that lets you build your own unique, professional and browser-safe WordPress theme: 1-5 columns, fluid or fixed width, rotating header images and over 200 theme options. Tutorials, downloads and support at the BFA WP Forum

All of this theme’s files are located in /themes/atahualpa.
-------------------------------------
I've been trying to get to the images file through ftp but there is only php files. Still trying to figure this out. I'm confused when getting a custom header image in there is so hard to do. It says that its possible. hmm...

Last edited by ncristine; Jul 28, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Bytesfor all is the domain for several themes, one is called 'bytesforall' another is called 'atahualpa' this is where the confusion comes from.

If you use FTP and can get to the WordPress themes folder, you will see a folder called Atahualpa. Inside this folder (along with some PHP and some other folders) will be a folder called 'Images'. Inside this folder you will find a folder called 'Header'. That's where the header iages are located.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 3, 2014 at 04:36 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
ncristine

7 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you I really appreciate your help.