Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

'Links' on a Page

Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:09 AM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
Instead of my Links appearing in the left column, I want them to appear on their own Page.
Does anybody know how I accomplish this?
Thanks!
Cway
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You should be able to find a wordpress plugin, try a google search 'wordpress plugin link page'
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:59 AM
Monkey_Fist

14 posts · Apr 2009
Portland, Maine USA
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...logroll-links/

WP Render Blogroll Links: create a new page, title LINKS, then paste [wp-blogroll] at the top.

Last edited by Monkey_Fist; Jul 8, 2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
That worked! Thanks!
Now I just need to get the Blog Category out of the right sidebar. Any ideas here?
I've visited Appearance > Widgets and removed Links from the right sidebar, but they still show.
I would also like to move Recent Posts to their own page.
Thanks!
Cameron
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are trying to remove the 'Category' widget from the right sidebar, you need to
1) go to dashboard->appearences-.widgets
2) (in WP 2.7.1) on the right side of the screen under 'Current Widgets' select 'Right Sidebar' and press 'show'
3) you should see one of the items 'Caterories' - select the edit next to it's name
4) select Remove
5) select 'Save Changes'
and then it should be gone
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:36 PM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks, juggledad, for your assistance!
I just removed the right column completely.
Do you know how I get Posts on their own Posts page? Similar to the WP Render Blogroll Links page?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
When you set a static page as the front page at WP Admin -> Settings -> Reading -> Front Page displays as

then you can also set a static page as the home page for posts

Posts page: [Choose]
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
crogers32

16 posts · Feb 2009
I am trying to use the WP Render Blogroll Links plugin but I am having trouble styling the link categories. From the plugin author and from firebug I can see that the link categories are being styled via a div class called "linkcat" and are pulling the h2 styling I believe from line 114 of the style page. I have tried using the CSS inserts section of the theme options where I added the following

div.linkcat h1 a:hover {
color:#B30001;
text-decoration:none;
}

after I clicked save changes I checked with firebug to discover that the link categories were still being styled h2 so the insert is not working. How do I correctly add this div class? Here is the page in question btw: http://www.edtechswami.com/?page_id=17
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:55 AM
js9600

29 posts · Dec 2008
Is hardcoded into plugin-file so not overruled by insert. Authors page with comments might be more useful than Wordpress.org http://0xtc.com/2009/04/22/wp-render...s-plugin.xhtml

Change php-file directly, look for this in WP-Render-Blogroll.php

'title_before' => '<h2>',
title_after' => '</h2>',

or add a font-size: 100% or what you prefer to what you already have as insert, but keep .linkcat h2