Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Images as bullets in unordered lists - Please help

Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:34 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Help [SOLVED] Images as bullets in unordered lists - Please help

Okay, it's time to stop banging my head against this and ask for help. What am I doing wrong here?

I am trying to style a class of unordered list to use a small graphic instead of a bullet. I combed the forums and read up on various css tutorials and despite my best efforts, it's not working.

Here's what I have put into CSS/HTML inserts:

Code:
ul.checklist {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  list-style-type: none !important;
}

ul.checklist li {
  margin: 10px;
  padding-left: 18px;
  background: url(/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/checkbullet.png) no-repeat top left !important;
  display: list-item !important; 
}

And here's the html I am using on the page:
HTML Code:
<ul class="checklist">
<li><strong>Are you <em>widowed, separated or divorced</em></strong> and want to start over, but not sure how?</li>
<li>Do you keep finding the <em>same kind of unhealthy Partners</em> over and over again?</li>
<li>Do you find a “Perfect Partner”, only to find out later, they’re NOT who you thought?</li>
<li><strong>Are you</strong><strong> </strong><em>disillusioned</em> and wondering if there is really anyone out there <em>for you? </em></li>
</ul>
All the styling except the the graphic bullet seems to be applying. I have checked the url, tried the full path vs. the shortened one, tried it surrounded by single quotes and without. I imagine it's my poor CSS skills that are tripping me up. All help is appreciated!

URL=http://dreampartner.acenter4growth.com
WordPress=3.3.1
Atahualpa=3.7.3 (plus patches)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure what is going on. I tried the following and it worked for me in Firebug
HTML Code:
ul.checklist li {
    margin: 10px;
    background: url("http://dreampartner.acenter4growth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/checkbullet.png") no-repeat top left;
    padding-left: 18px;
}
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Well, gee, I dunno! Your code works fine for me too!

I guess it was the double quotes, because that's the only difference I can see.

Thank you very much.