Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How do I add a text section or images on either side of the header image?

Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:00 PM
hansonref

6 posts · Oct 2011
I am using the theme Atahualpa 3.4.9. Right now my header section has rotating images in the center. [My "Configure Header Area" section says %logo %image %pages.] These images are not wide so there is white space on the left and right of each image. I would like to put either text or another image in these white spaces.

To be more specific, the site is for an organization and I would like the contact info on the left, then the header images (rotating), then the hours of operation on the right.

Is there something I can add to the "Configure Header Area" section to accomplish what I want? I only have a basic knowledge of html and css so I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve too much coding but I'd be willing to give it a try if that's what's required. Thank you.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's going to require either CSS or perhaps adding a multi celled widget area in place of %image. There are other rotating image plugins that could also be used but all of this will, while not complicated, require some knowledge of CSS and HTML.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:05 AM
hansonref

6 posts · Oct 2011
I've made three widget areas in the header. In the left and right one I've added a text section and put in the code I need, but how would I get the random header images into the middle one? I've tried adding %image into a text section but it doesn't work.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:19 AM
hansonref

6 posts · Oct 2011
Also, I've just noticed that the black bars at the top and bottom of the header area don't show up. How would I get those back and remove the gray lines around the 3 widget areas?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You would have to use a rotating images plugin instead of %images. I like the Cimy Rotating images plugin. The lines would be added with CSS.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:52 AM
hansonref

6 posts · Oct 2011
I'd rather not use a plugin. Could I somehow put 3 divs into the Configure Header Area and put %image into one of the divs and then use css to position them? Or could I make two widget areas (one for contact info and one for hours) then position them around the header images?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:12 AM
hansonref

6 posts · Oct 2011
I've figured out how to remove the gray borders of text widgets but still not sure about getting back the black lines around the header area.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
hansonref

6 posts · Oct 2011
Never mind, figured that out. I suppose I should play around a bit more before I post. I still have the question about not using a plugin though. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think your idea of the three divs might work.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
VegasWill

4 posts · Feb 2012
Hi. Love the theme. Sorry, I just started using this theme so this may be a novice question.

Though, I think this thread is answering my question somehow as I did a couple of searches before posting.

Basically I want 3 side-by-side divs in the header- logo / tagline / phone#

Normally, I would just put the html in the header file, give them widths, then float the divs left.

Where would I put the html and the CSS? In the options or manually put it in the header and a CSS file?
THANKS!
Will
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You could put the divs in ATO>Style & edit Header Area and use the necessary CSS in the CSS Inserts box in the theme options.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
VegasWill

4 posts · Feb 2012
Thank you!