Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Font sizes on page menu bar

Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:28 PM
cbjeff

1 posts · Jun 2009
Hey - total newbie question, but I've been trying to figure this out for like an hour now and seem to just be making it worse.

I tried to make the font size of my page menu bar larger. I wanted to increase it to 24. I changed it under "Font Size & Face" in the Page Menu Bar section. It changed the menu bar size on all of my pages EXCEPT for my main page.

So, I shrunk it down to 18. This time the change only applied to a few of my pages.

Now, I reverted to 11, the default, and have 3 different menu sizes depending on what page I'm on.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Jeff
Old Jun 28, 2009, 03:58 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
cbjeff,

I just made such a tweak the other day and it worked properly ... mine was more modest though ... I bumped my page menu bar to 12px and changed the font:

Code:
12px "lucinda grande", arial, verdana, sans-serif
I set the category menu bar the same way.

You have to be a bit careful with how you enter your changes. If the font has two parts, as above, it must be in quotes. And there must be commas in between each font. I missed a comma while tinkering and had some rather odd results.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 09:47 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
also note that you do not put in the usual line-ending, ";" in ATO for fonts.

Consider something besides fixed pixel sizes for fonts. Your users have different needs and different browser than you and you pages will look better in more scenarios when you use relative sizes, such as em's.

-Bill