Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Can't get alternate headers working in Montezuma

Old Mar 4, 2014, 07:37 PM
wintersb

4 posts · Jul 2010
Can't get alternate headers working in Montezuma

My intent is to call a new header with certain pages.

I created a new page template called page-2.php and used it to create a few pages. This page template calls the sub-template header-2.php as in this line, according to instructions listed in many places.

<?php get_header('2'); ?>

It doesn't work. Instead it calls the default template. The header-2 template is so far (for testing purposes) a clone of the default header with only a same sized image changed.

I've tried tampering with the above line, and turning it into an include type command, but it only then returns me no header on my test pages. So at least I know the page-2.php works in calling the sub-template. But that's it.

Does montezuma support alternate headers?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if your subtemplate is 'header-2.php' then try using
HTML Code:
<?php get_header(header-2); ?>
Old Apr 13, 2014, 05:39 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
It appears that with the latest release, get-header() still does not work with alternate headers. In the example above, with the sub template name of header-2.php, get-header('2'), get-header('header-2'), nor get-header(header-2) work, the original header.php still gets called.

However, one of the new functions for Release 1.2.2, bfa_get_template_part('header-2', ''), does work, so that can be used if an alternate header is needed.