Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Converting From A Custom Post Theme

Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:09 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Converting From A Custom Post Theme

I have a friend that wants to convert to Atahualpa after using a very restrictive theme. The only catch is that the theme has a bunch of Custom Post templates.

What will happen to the existing Custom Posts if I just activate Atahualpa? Will they be preserved into default format? And if so, what happens to the Custom Field content?

Is there a clean way to preserve the Custom Post types? I'm assuming I have to make new templates. Do I just have to duplicate the Custom Fields into the new templates?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could try the 'Custom Post Type UI' plugin
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I don't believe this plugin has an export function. Does the standard WP export tool support Custom Post Types or is there another plugin that works for that?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
To the best of my knowledge, all the data that makes up the custom posts is stored in the normal wp database tables
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:27 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
This plugin imports Custom Post Types from CSV:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/csv-importer/

However, the native WP exporter is in XML. Is there a way to export as CSV?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you try the plugin I mentioned? if you are worred about the database do a backup before you do anything else.