Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

theme frame...... theme creators....

Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:44 PM
wheresnifty

22 posts · Feb 2010
So what is your experience with... do you have any sites using it or can i download a basic theme created by this?

I am almost about to turn in my donation, but really wanted to get the user's opinions.

is it all that you thought it would be? I am really looking to replace artisteer, and so far the atahualpa theme has done it.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:32 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Wheresnifty,

There is a simple theme from TF here, which gets altered occasionally as I work with TF.

I like TF a lot, especially for it's potential, but it is still in beta, so there are a few bugs and parts not yet activated.

Flynn is turning out a new beta every week or so, thus it is constantly improving. Like any new product there is a bit of a learning curve, but if one follows the instructions, it is not nearly as intimidating as it was when I first saw it!

Like I said, I like it a LOT.

Rob
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:52 PM
wheresnifty

22 posts · Feb 2010
ok thanks. i do like the idea of themeframe, but i really love the customization that Atahualpa brings for each site.

For me, if i want to change something big within the site, i like being able to put in some code and have.... lets say, an entirely new widget area for the site. I like that i can give that widget box certain rules like, only "this page."

I feel like with this application, once i create a theme, i can edit it buy recreating/ uploading it and will not have much power over the newly created themes as much as i did with atahualpa.

i am really interested in it and as i keep reading into it, it seems like a great product to create many different themes.

i would like to create a theme that gives the theme user a lot of the features rather than write and move widgets around.