Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Menu and Dropdowns

Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:07 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
***url removed by me***

At the home page, the menu works perfectly BUT the one item with a dropdown, "Fireplaces," isn't behaving correctly. Parent page text isn't remaining red, all links are white. The dropdown works correctly AFTER you click on Fireplace. But when any other page is active, it doesn't work correctly.

Also, while all page menu links turn red when those pages are active, the Project page (blog page) stays white when that page is active.

My code is probably a complete mess after so many hours messing around with it. I'm having trouble understanding how to code the CSS in this menu/submenu hierarchy.

HTML Code:
/* Create spacing between menu buttons */
ul.rMenu li {
margin-right: 10px;
margin-left: 2px;
}

/*Remove Default Navigation Background Color */
ul.rMenu li
{
background:none !important;
} 

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active {
background:transparent !important;
}

/*Page Menu Background Image */
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: #123456 url(http://palazzocast.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/images/header_02.png) no-repeat scroll top left;
padding-top: 3px;
padding-bottom: 3px;
}

/*Dropdown Background Color */
div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li ul a {
background:#515348 !important;
}

div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li ul a:hover {
color: #ffffff !important;
}

div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li ul a:active {
color: #ff0000 !important;
}

/*Remove down arrow from dropdown top level */
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
	background-image: none;
	}
	}

Last edited by krystyna; Nov 17, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:03 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
C'mon juggledad, compensation is yours if you help me out!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'll take a look tomorrow
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
fencepost

17 posts · Oct 2009
Schaumburg, IL
I'm going to say that the problem is that there's no CSS defined for current_page_ancestor or current_page_parent. I've been fiddling with defining that, but what I'm ending up with is overriding current_page_link and turning the current page color green (or blue) instead.

What I threw in as added HTML/CSS just using the interface is below, when I tried with something less specific I think it was being overridden by the CSS cascade because there was a more-targeted rule.

Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:link, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:active, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:hover, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:visited {
color: #00FF00;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_ancestor a:link, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_ancestor a:active, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_ancestor a:hover, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_ancestor a:visited {
color: #0000FF !important;
}
Old Oct 3, 2009, 02:09 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
the problem with the "Projects" button not turning red when that page is active was solved with part of your code, Fencepost. And when I go to "Fireplaces," the parent page stays red. So 2 problems solved. Thank you!

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:active,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent a:visited {
color: #FF0000;

The only issue left is to fix the color to #ff0000 on the dropdown hover text, when the "Fireplaces" link is active. Right now all of the dropdown text is #ff0000.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:31 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Any thoughts about this menu issue? Part is solved, part isn't.