Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Changing padding in new widget area

Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:00 PM
FrangoKid

7 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] Changing padding in new widget area

With the help of other forum posts, I have been able to position facebook, twitter and other social icons where I want them in the header. However, there is white padding around the icons which I would like to remove.

When I change the settings in ATO > Style Widgets > Widget Container most of the white space disappears, but the other widgets are effected, too.

I have tried adding "padding:0px;" to the "Header Widget" code I added in CSS Inserts, but that didn't change anything.

I know just enough CSS to be dangerous (which isn't very much). Any help you can offer with this problem, will be appreciated!

I am using:
ATA 3.6.7 with all 4 bug fixes installed
"default2" style
The site is: www.sitetestzone.com
Old Jul 5, 2011, 05:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a quick look with FireBug in Firefox (learn to use it, it is very helpful) shows it is caused but this CSS
HTML Code:
div.widget {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    border: 1px solid #E5E5E5;
which is the default style for the widget so you need to add a CSS insert to override it, something that is more specific in the CSS 'selector' part. You can try
HTML Code:
div#text-8 {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000;
    border: none;
Just in case... if you mouseover any of these items, you will see that the link stays at the page. you need to add an <a...> ... </a> around the images...just in case you weren't aware of this.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:09 PM
FrangoKid

7 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you very much! As you can tell, I'm a bit out of my depth. I knew the images weren't linked yet, but I was clueless about the CSS issues. Thanks for getting me back on track. (Donation sent!)