Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Best way to have different sidebars for each Page

Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:16 PM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
I am creating a new site and my client has asked if she can put different content in the sidebar for each page. It appears that Atahualpa only allows two sidebars to be defined, one for the right side and one for the left side. So one cannot define an arbitrary number of sidebards and switch between them using conditional code without going into major hacking of Atahualpa, which I don't want to do.

I know that in Atahualpa one can choose to turn on or off each sidebar for certain types of Pages, but that doesn't help with this particular challenge.

My workaround at the moment is to use a single sidebar but put in multiple Text widgets, and control the visibility of each widget using the Widget Logic plugin. This works OK, but it seems a bit cumbersome.

I have one Text widget in the sidebar for each Page on the site, and a conditional statement in Widget Logic for each widget. For example, "is_page('Contact')" will show that particular widget's content only on the Contact page.

Are there any other ways to accomplish this while using Atahualpa?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:26 AM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
If you want to use both sidebars, you could check out Slayers Custom Widgets. It allows you to specify which widget you want where.

http://www.thaslayer.com/2008/10/16/...-widgets-v-10/