Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Widget Content Box spacing problem

Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:43 AM
kret

2 posts · Jul 2009
Hello,

I've upgraded to Atahualpa 3.4 from version 3.3.2 today. All went well and the update worked like a charm..almost ;) Well I got a little problem with spacing in Widget Content Box. In 3.3.2 I had put there
Code:
line-height: 1.7em
Now in 3.4 it's still there, but it does not affect the content of the sidebar. The difference is visible on those shots:

Any ideas what causes this?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Please swap back to 3.3.3 and wait till after Friday when Flynn gets back. There seems to be a 'glitch' with 3.4
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:00 AM
kret

2 posts · Jul 2009
This is more cosmetic glitch for me, so no need to go back to the previous version I will patiently wait for Flynns' return

Thanks for reply
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:34 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To improve the plugin compatibility of Atahualpa I had to remove the widget-content DIV. The Default theme doesn't have that and many plugins such as the Tabbed Widgets plugin rely on the widget structure being the same as in the default theme.

You can put padding on the parent container div.widget instead, or, if you don't want the padding around the widget title but only around the body content of a widget, put the margin on "div.widget ul" for widgets that contain UL lists, on "div.textwidget" for text widgets. Bascially look for an already existing DIV around the content of your widgets

Older Atahualpa with div.widget-content:

div.widget-content {
}

Newer Atahualpa without div.widget-content

div.widget ul,
div.textwidget {
}

Adding this info to 3.4.2
Old Sep 7, 2009, 06:45 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Hello

I have exactly the same problem, but I don't really understand your answer Flynn.

I've managed to create boxes in the style I like in my right sidebar but I can't find away to put padding in the text box.

I love the widget option but find it really restrictive as i can't find a way of styling it as I do with pages. For instance I don't know how to put a picture in the side bar text box...

Please can you advise the steps I need to take to

1) put padding around the text in my left sidebar widget
2) add photo's to the sidebar widget?

In fact do I need to use widgets at all in sidebars? is there another way to put content in there eg perhaps create a page and put that in???

Still new to wordpress, so grateful for any help you can give...

Thanks loads for a fab theme.

jo
Old Sep 7, 2009, 02:33 PM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
oops have worked out how to add photo's but still not clear on the text padding in the content box

help much appreciated
Old Sep 8, 2009, 03:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What release of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
Please show a url pointing to the issue and explain where on the page the issue is
Old Sep 8, 2009, 06:20 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Hi

I'm using the latest versions - downloaded last week.

url is http://reflexologyinbrighton.com/?page_id=18

the issue is in the right hand boxes and specifically I can't work out how to put padding/margin around the text in the boxes

thanks
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this - add the following to ATO->HTML/CSS Insets->CSS Insets
HTML Code:
div.textwidget { 
	margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
 }
You can play with the values (left, top, right. bottom)
Old Sep 11, 2009, 01:52 AM
jdj

4 posts · Sep 2009
Johulster would you please share how you've added photos / images to the sidebar? I've been working on this and haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:04 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Hello

I already had a photo on a page so I copied the html on the photo on the page. I then went through to the following

appearance -
widget -
drag text bar to whichever side bar -
paste the html info from the page

couldn't believe how simple it was when it worked!!! the sidebars don't have text and html split out so you have to put both in the text box ....then it worked.

hope it works for you, not sure if this it the orthodox way of doing it!!!

good luck
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:50 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Juggledad

Where do I put this code?? I'm still relatively new to WP. Does it go in the overall CSS sheet or in the widget CSS sheet...sorry, could you make it really simple so that I understand!
thanks
Old Sep 11, 2009, 01:28 PM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
oops all sorted. sorry didn't realise what ATO (Atahualpa Theme Options) was!!

many thanks for your help

johullster

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 12, 2009 at 04:06 AM.