Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Stray greater-than symbol in wordpress blog body

Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:38 AM
esebagel

6 posts · Nov 2011
I have a stray ">" at the top, middle of my Wordpress Blog and above the main logo. I am having a heck of a time trying to find where it is coming from so I can delete it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm no programmer but I have looked to the best of my ability to find it...and I'm very tenacious. Here is the link: http://www.ahtcsonline.com/wordpress

Thank you in advance,

Evan
Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) check what you have at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts
and if that's not the issue
2) temporally disable your plugins to see if one causes it.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:05 AM
esebagel

6 posts · Nov 2011
Thank you very much. You know I checked there and looked up and down. I then realized that I had recently added these lines very recently:

<meta name="viewport" content=" width=device-width,initial-scale=1,user-scalable=no" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="http://www.ahtcsonline.com/images/ahtcs-logo-mobile.png" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://domain.tld/mobile.css" type="text/css" media="handheld" />

But why would it have added that ">" sign?

I tried view source, I looked through all of the CSS and searched (using Dreamweaver) for the answer but could not find it. I have spent probably 3 hours looking.

BTW, I only added the above code so my blog would be formatted correctly on a smart phone.

Thanks again
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Which option did you put the in?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:47 AM
esebagel

6 posts · Nov 2011
To be safe I removed all three lines...I guess I can put back one at a time to see what happens. Turns out that if I put any of the code back it produces that ">" in the same spot of my blog. I am anal retentive when it comes to these things...so that is why I spent 3 hours trying to figure it out, scoured the internet and then broke down to post it. That field must like any code in it
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Which option did you put the in?

I'm going to guess you put it in 'HTML Inserts: Body Tag' am I right?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:09 AM
esebagel

6 posts · Nov 2011
Sorry, I guess I didn't fully understand your question initially. I put it in under: "Add HTML / CSS Inserts"
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
And what option in that section did you put it in?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:25 AM
esebagel

6 posts · Nov 2011
HTML Inserts: Header
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Looks like it is gone now? You originally had it in the 'HTML inserts: Body tag'

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 8, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:42 AM
esebagel

6 posts · Nov 2011
Thank you so much for your help. I know enough to be dangerous so I try to be careful not to edit any of the pages. I am glad it wasn't the plugins. Once something is working I hate to mess with it. Thanks again for your help. On to my next project of creating a web based testing platform so people who take my class can take an online test when they have completed the webinar.