Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Registration, log in, and password recovery pages not available

Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
My blog doesn't show any registration, login and password recovery possibilities. And I haven't found any option to enable them.

Using the "Social Connect" plugin, I was able do add registration using social networks IDs but I still don't have registration using user name and password, nor login or password recovery.

I tried the "Theme My Login" plugin and it doesn't add anything.

Could it be because I use my own code for the header and menu ?

Using Wordpress 3.2.1 and Atahualpa 3.6.7.

Here is the URL of my work-in-progress blog:
http://julesgobeil.com/wpfr/

Thanks for your help
Jules
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you say you used your own code for the header and menu where did you put that code?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:04 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for your interest.

Both header and menu code are in Add HTML/CSS INSERTS - HTML Inserts: Header. The tags are in Add HTML/CSS INSERTS - CSS Inserts. It is the code used in my other Web site pages and it works very well.

HTML Code:
<header>

<div class="logo_container">
		<h1 class="logo"><a href="../index.php"><span class="logo_alt">Jules Gobeil Photographe de la nature</span></a></h1>
	</div>

<nav>
		<div class="menu_container"><p class="menuitems"><a class="menuitem alpha" href="../site_web_3/sw3_en/galleryindex.php">English/Anglais</a><a class="menuitem" href="../site_web_3/index.php">Accueil</a><a class="menuitem" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/galleryindex.php">Photos</a><a class="menuitem" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/about.php">A propos</a><a class="menuitem" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/services.php">Services</a><a href="">Blog</a>
<a class="menuitem omega" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/contact.php">Contact</a></p></div>
	</nav>

</header>
Regards
Jules
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That area is meant for code that isn't visible. You should put that code in
HTML Inserts: Body Top

Also any code you do put in that box shouldn't have the <header> tags. That would put <header> tags inside <header> tags.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:04 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

I moved the code to HTML Inserts: Body Top and it still works fine. However, removing the <header> tags causes problems since I lose all formatting.

Also, I still don't have any login-register info.

Any sugestions ?

Regards
Jules

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 28, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I was mistaken about the header tags. I was thinking of head tags. What I would do though instead of <header> use something like the following and change your CSS to reflect the change.
HTML Code:
<div id="header-info">
<div class="logo_container">
		<h1 class="logo"><a href="../index.php"><span class="logo_alt">Jules Gobeil Photographe de la nature</span></a></h1>
	</div>

<nav>
		<div class="menu_container"><p class="menuitems"><a class="menuitem alpha" href="../site_web_3/sw3_en/galleryindex.php">English/Anglais</a><a class="menuitem" href="../site_web_3/index.php">Accueil</a><a class="menuitem" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/galleryindex.php">Photos</a><a class="menuitem" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/about.php">A propos</a><a class="menuitem" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/services.php">Services</a><a href="">Blog</a>
<a class="menuitem omega" href="../../site_web_3/sw3_fr/contact.php">Contact</a></p></div>
	</nav>
</div>
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:46 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for your help Larry.

I did what you suggest. The header and menu work fine changing <header> for <mycode> and changing the tags accordingly.

However, I still don't have registration, login and password recovery options, which is my original question.

Any suggestions ?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When I add /wp-admin after the URL I get a standard login screen with the options you mention. If you want it on your front page you would need to add a login widget.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:43 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Ah Ah... maybe this is the problem !

When I go to Appearance / Widgets, there is no Login Widget or anything that looks like one.

Should I have one available or must I upload one ?

EDIT: I tried to add Theme-My-Login plugin and got this error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/julesgob/public_html/wpfr/wp-admin/includes/theme.php on line 293

I can't open Wordpress after this. I had to manually remove the plugin folder.

Last edited by JulesG; Oct 31, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks ike your host is limiting how much memory you can use. You may want to talk to them and see if you can get it bumped up or look at your plugins and see if there are any you can do without.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:53 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for your answer. Searchin in Wordpress got me this solution:

I added the following line to wp-config.php:
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

I am now able to load the Theme-My-Login plugin, which integrates with the Social Connect plugin, giving me exactly what I want.

Thanks both of you for your help. It is much appreciated.
Jules