Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Is this a downloadable software or online app?

Old Sep 7, 2012, 08:40 PM
Ravendale

1 posts · Sep 2012
Is this a downloadable software or online app?

I have 2 questions:

1. Is this a downloadable software or online app?
2. Can this edit / update existing themes that are previously NOT created by ThemeFrame? Or it can only fully edit / update themes created in ThemeFrame in the first place?

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It is downloadable software that is run on a local server. You can't edit other themes with Themeframe. It is only for building new themes.
You can see more at themeframe.com
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:10 AM
stevinoz

61 posts · Sep 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to stevinoz
local server? do you mean it has to be on a server machine or can it run on windows 7 ?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have to install xampp, easyphp, ampps or mamp (on the mac)

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 28, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:21 AM
Splinty

14 posts · Dec 2012
Russia, Kurgan
Would You clarify, are themes created by ThemeFrame editable by ThemeFrame?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Yes... The themes created by Themeframe are editable with Themeframe. You just need to export the theme settings for later import and editing. This is in addition to exporting the theme zip.

NOTE: The actual theme is not editable - ie you can't take a theme created by themeframe and re import it, HOWEVER you can save the themeframe settings that created the theme and reimport them to regenerate the theme files

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:39 PM
Splinty

14 posts · Dec 2012
Russia, Kurgan
Thank You. Well, i'm novice in WP, just not to be on wrong way... So, while in session, TF generates a correct directories structure and files, required by WP. But if i just close a TF desktop without "additional" export, i lost a way to continue work on theme further?

PS.
Glad to see Your interests in profile.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Here is what happens with Themeframe
  • You create a theme
  • You backup the theme setting using the export function (Important Step: this is so you can edit the theme in the future)
  • You either directly FTP the theme to your site or download a zip of the theme to install
  • If you need to edit the theme in the future you import the theme settings you previously exported
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:31 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinty
So, while in session, TF generates a correct directories structure and files, required by WP.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinty
But if i just close a TF desktop without "additional" export, i lost a way to continue work on theme further?
No. Your themes are always available to look at, work on, tweak, FTP to any number of WP sites, export to txt as a backup, whatever. When you close TF your themes stay as you last left them until you open and edit them again.