Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How do I add comments to pages?

Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so what did you do, now the comment form is showing up on the Vogue: The September Issue
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:36 PM
scott1137

16 posts · Jul 2009
I made the suggested changes and home page and now entire WP site return a blank page. Can't get to dashboard. This remains after reversing changes.

WP 2.8 + (latest update, yesterday); Atahualpa 3.4.2

I've checked in with web host to no avial. They suggest deleting theme from file.

Suggestions?

Scott
Old Aug 5, 2009, 08:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Remove atahualpa theme and you should go back to the default theme. Then you can reinstall atahialpa
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:25 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedja
I have enabled comments on pages but it seems theme now allows comments on all pages, not just ones I allowed them to.

Each page has flag that sets if comments are allowed on page or not. I have most of pages with disabled comments and some with comments enabled. After I allowed comments in theme options, each page allows comments.

Theme should follow page specific settings.
I am having the same problem as pedja.

Any update to this, Flynn or juggledad? This is crucial to my new site so I would appreciate any help to make this work.

I have comments enabled on pages under ATO Comments, but I don't want comments on all pages. The "Allow comments on page?" box under page settings does not work. Right now I have comment boxes on all pages.

I'm running 3.4.2.

How can I fix this to allow comments only on the pages I specify?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
scott1137

16 posts · Jul 2009
That worked, thank you.

I'm back to my original problem: "comments are closed" at the bottom of my pages. Someone was able to leave a comment on one page - I don't know how. This doesn't seem to be theme dependent I see now as the default theme showed that also.

I've gone over the WP settings in discussion and posts. Will search codex but if you've run into this or can suggest a setting I may have overlooked, I'd appreciate it.

Scott
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:06 PM
scott1137

16 posts · Jul 2009
I've spent some time searching the WP.org forums. I've found the issue raised several times but none resolved. Example: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/258518?replies=6. So I'm back hoping...

Scott
Old Aug 6, 2009, 04:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've just tested this in 3.4.2 on a plain vanilla install - page comments work but...
In order to leave comments on a page there are two things that must be done
1) ATO->Style & configure COMMENTS->Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? must be set to YES
2) dashboard->Pages->Edit->page-you-want->Discuession->Allow Comments - must be checked

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 26, 2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:08 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I've just tested this in 3.4.2 on a plain vanilla install - page comments work but...
In order to leave comments on a page hhere are two things that must be done
1) ATO->Style & configure COMMENTS->Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? must be set to YES
2) dashboard->Pages->Edit->page-you-want->Discuession->Allow Comments - must be checked
Unless pedja and I are doing something wrong however, this places comments on ALL pages and does not allow you to restrict certain pages under individual page settings.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
With the plain vanilla Atahualpa 3.4.2, I only can add comments to pages that have the 'allow comments' checkbox set. For pages that do not have it set, I get 'Comments are closed.'

1) have you made any code changes?
2) have you tried it with all plugins disabled?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 6, 2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 06:35 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I have not made any code changes regarding comments, only some code in header_config.

I will disable all my plugins and see if that helps.

EDIT: Disabling the Disqus plugin enables everything as it should be. Thanks for the helpful advice! Now I just need to figure out how to get Disqus to work, as it is a great system IMO. Anyone know how I can integrate Disqus successfully?

Last edited by Wimbledon; Aug 6, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:00 AM
scott1137

16 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
In order to leave comments on a page hhere are two things that must be done
These have been selected as described all along. Just now I deactivated all my plugins and no change: "comments are closed" at the bottom of all pages but the contact page where a comment had been left a week or so ago.

Only code changes are the ones described earlier which were reversed before deleting theme and reloading it.

Scott
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
scott1137
Not sure what your issue is. Can you start a new thread and discribe it. It seems this thread has morphed from issue to issue depending on the user. I'm just not clear on what your issue is.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:17 AM
scott1137

16 posts · Jul 2009
Started new thread:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...2058#post12058
Scott
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:50 AM
ideefixx

3 posts · Jan 2010
Is this problem solved? I'm running 3.4.4 and still having this problem.
Not more than one comment is posible on a page -(

Pls help
Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
to get this to work, see post#36 in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5031

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 18, 2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:45 AM
gregbanks

1 posts · Feb 2010
It's all in the loop where you just need to use the function wp_list_comments();

I did that on one of my themes and I have an enable / disable function for the comments on the theme as well.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 18, 2010 at 04:21 AM.