Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa frontpage only in Magazine style

Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:40 AM
joel72004

1 posts · Jan 2010
Hi!

I am a newbie to wordpress and found the atahualpa theme very user friendly.

I wanted to know wether a page can be made in a magazine style while using the Atahualpa theme for the rest of the site?

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 8, 2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
not sure what you are looking for, but if you want to remove the sidebars and style the front page different than the other pages, that is possible.
to remove the sidebars go to ATO-Style & configure SIDEBARS and read about the different options
to style a page different than the rest of the site, take a look at
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...und+image+page
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...und+image+page
and if you search you'll find lots of other great info.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:59 PM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
I have tried going to the ATO and including the static front page as one of the pages to remove one of the sidebars. It will not work. Is there some reason that a static front page will not allow this option?

pineknotfarmandlab.com
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:59 AM
mustard

1 posts · Feb 2010
yes, I would like to know how to do this as well. here is the example (just a figure + tittle and maybe a bit part texts of the post):

http://www.popupgazeboshoppe.co.uk/u...ized/mag-lite/
Old Feb 2, 2010, 01:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you have a page and go to 'ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS' and add a page ID to the 'xxxxx sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' the xxxxx sidebar won't display when that page is viewed. HOWEVER, if you make that page the Front page (dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays a static page) it now gets treated differently, it is now a special page, the Front Page, and thus the entry in 'Don't display on Pages:' is ignored

However, if you look just above that option at 'ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS' you will see the option 'xxxx sidebar: Display on:' with a series of check boxes. By unchecking the 'Front Page' you will not stop seeing the sidebar.