Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

using a new font for headers

Old May 25, 2011, 07:42 AM
Adriel

2 posts · May 2011
using a new font for headers

Hi, I'm new and a little frightened of CSS.

I would like to change the font in my post headers to a font not found in typekit. Is there a tutorial about how to do this that is easy enough for beginners to understand without screwing up my entire blog?? My first attempt failed miserably and I couldn't even gain access to my dashboard. Had to get in through the CSS in my hosting account to delete the one measly line of code I had put in. (Thankfully that fixed the problem.)

The font I'd like to install is Honey Script. Where can I find out how to do that?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie.

adriel

p.s. Alternately, I could use images for my page buttons/tabs whatever you call them. I can easily create the look I want and save them into images, but would using those as page buttons be easier or harder than changing my post headers? I just need to switch up one of the two and I'm looking for the one I'm least likely to screw up with my limited experience. TIA for your suggestions/help.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
With typekit most of your work is done in the typekit Kit Editor. First you install the typekit WP plugin and enter your typekit embed code. Then you just create a kit for your site and enter the selectors you want to change. For figuring out the selectors you can use Firebug with Firefox.
Old May 25, 2011, 01:51 PM
aQuickStudy

43 posts · Mar 2010
If the font isn't a typekit font you could use Cufon to replace, but that isn't especially straightforward. Also, depending on what type of site you're talking about you may want to consider the license for the font. I believe that Honey Script is meant for personal use only, but you should check the license yourself to be positive.
Old May 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Oops... I misread your first post and thought you wanted to use typekit. I agree with aQuickStudy as to the lack of of using Cufon. And I also second the license issue.

I would stay with a typekit font or you could also use one of the Google font plugins.