Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How do I more specifically specify which pages a sidebar will go ON, vs NOT go on?

Old May 19, 2012, 02:21 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
How do I more specifically specify which pages a sidebar will go ON, vs NOT go on?

I'm working on a real estate agent's site, using pages, not posts.

I want to specify which pages (identified by identity, not something generic like "pages") a sidebar will go ON. There is a block on the settings for saying which pages it WON'T go on, but we'll keep adding pages as we go, and it'll be a huge pain to have to keep updating this setting...

Is there a way to do this or work around this problem?
Old May 19, 2012, 07:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The Simple Page Sidebars plugin may work for you. On each page as you add it you can specify a sidebar that shows. This sidebar, though, will replace one of the sidebars you have activated so you may need to populate this sidebar with all the common widgets you have in the sidebar it is replacing.

It's something you would just have to play with but I like what it does.
Old May 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
Well, that looks like it'll do what I need it to.

You wouldn't want to help me configure/stylize the Great Real Estate Plugin on my site, would you? I've pretty much given up trying to make it look right. Seems the designer got a day job and quit supporting it. Argh!

May try your simpler method.

Thanks for all the help.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would avoid that plugin for that very reason and you can do what that does with the other real estate plugin.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:49 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
Tried that one too, and gave up for the same reason. I need a programmer-type to do what I can't.