Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Configuration Issues, Read More, Remove Comments, Menu background

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:37 AM
Webunet

45 posts · Aug 2010
First, you have created a marvelous Theme. Thank you, I love it. I am using my site as a website as opposed to a blog. See: http://www.serenityhomeslp.com/

While most of the modifications are straightforward, I have struggled for hours trying to change the following items with no success. Will you please help?

1.) I want to show the entire post on the home page, not the default 'excerpt' with"→ Read More:" link to full post. How do I do this?

2.) How do I remove the text "Comments are closed" and Category from pages?

3.) How do I change the color on the top Menu bar? It defaults to white, I want it to be the same color as the buttons I modified.

Thank you very much,

Tom
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  1. In ATO>Configure EXCERPTS set the boxes to Fill Posts instead of Excerpts Only
  2. In ATO>Style & configure COMMENTS remove the text from the "Comments are closed text" box. Also in ATO>Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS there is this reference which may be what you want to do.
    Replace 'Comments closed' with your text for posts where comments are closed. Replace 'Comments closed' with 'dontshow' to display nothing if comments are closed (instead of displaying something like 'Comments closed')
  3. First make sure there are no overriding CSS statements in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and change the color in ATO>Menu 1. You could also change the styles in the CSS Inserts area as well.