Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] How the remove the footer from the main page only?

Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:24 AM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there,

I would like to remove the post footers from the front page only. I've gone through several threads here but none of them asks for what i need.

Thanks!

A.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
put an if statement in the
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
which is in The LOOP to check if you are on teh front page - check the wordpress codex for the syntax
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:10 AM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks juggledad, but my coding skills are nil.
Can you be a bit more precise?

Thank you,
A.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this, replace the existing line with
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_front_page()) { bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); } ?>
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:02 PM
pakacil

20 posts · Jan 2010
on Atahualpa Options :
→ Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS
→ find FOOTER: Homepage
Leave blank to display no footer on posts on the homepage (front page)
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
pakacil, GOOD point, sometinmes I forget the obvious
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:36 AM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
I would like to remove the footer on selected pages that I will be using as squeeze pages (I have a duplicate menu in the footer that I wish to remove).

Juggledad, would I use this code?

<?php if (!is_page(1) or !is_page(2) or !is_page(3)) { bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); } ?>

...where 1, 2, and 3 are the page numbers where I do not want the footer to appear?

In what theme file do I make this replacement? Is it index.php that I would download, edit, and upload?

Thanks!
Caryn
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:00 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could probably use CSS such as the following Caryn. You would just change the page id to the page in question which you can determine by looking at the page source and searching for body class.
HTML Code:
body.page-id-777 td#footer {
display:none;
}
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
Quick and elegant solution, Larry! Thanks so much.

This is a great place for me to also recommend Larry to others as a programming partner. I engaged him as part of my work on http://Flow-Dynamix.com and he was fabulous, saving me tons of time and stress for a very reasonable investment. I continue to work with him and just come into the forum when I feel I can get a quick answer on something I'll need to do over and over.

...and no, there was no agreement that he'd answer my question here and I'd post this. He's just being generous to help me here for free rather than through our retainer hours.

Best,
Caryn