Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Header Image Problem after upgrade

Old Sep 2, 2009, 04:09 PM
Jimsplace

20 posts · Aug 2009
U.S.A. Indiana
After upgrade to 2.8.4 my header image fails to load, sometimes. If loads at start, changing page it sometimes loads and sometimes not. When refresh is pushed, sometimes image loads and sometimes not. Any ideas? blog.fixinggovernment.com is the site.

Thanks, Jim.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
one of your images is out of whack. The one 'blogheader.jpg' - while it is 4000 x 1023, the image is only in the top left corner and takes up only about 1/8 of the area. Since you are positioning the image top center, the area with the image is just plane off the screen,

Check the image.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 6, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:52 AM
Jimsplace

20 posts · Aug 2009
U.S.A. Indiana
Juggledad:

Thanks for your reply. I am at a loss. I have tried several positions for the header image. Still, sometimes it loads and sometimes it does not. I have only one image uploaded. I never get a partial image when it loads. When the image does load it is the complete image positioned correctly across the page. I never get a partial image as you described in your response. I checked with IE and Firefox.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Jim, it is the image itself that is messed up. Here are the addresses of two of your images, type them in the address area of your browser and look at them

This one is fine: 'http://blog.fixinggovernment.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/finalheader.jpg'

but look at the size of this one: 'http://blog.fixinggovernment.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/blogheader.jpg'

notice how small it is
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:14 AM
Jimsplace

20 posts · Aug 2009
U.S.A. Indiana
Thanks again Juggledad for the prompt response.

I found I should do a lot of housecleaning on the hosting server. Many files had been uploaded on a sync operation that I should have kept on my local machine. That is why additional image was uploaded. I did the housecleaning and it solved the problems. Thanks again.

Jim