Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Problem with code in HTML/CSS Inserts

Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:51 PM
xavison

3 posts · Jun 2009
Hi all,

I'm using Atahualpa 3.3.3 and I'm trying to insert a stadistics tracking code in "HTML Inserts: Body Bottom" section, but curiously all the simbols "\" (ALT 92) I put, when I click on "Save changes" are automatically deleted..., and obviously the code doesn't work .

Could somebody help with that?.

Thanks and regards.

P.S. Congratulations for the Theme .
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please post the code you are trying to insert. Put the code in this thread between the html blocks (click the little html icon in the editor) so I can see what you are trying to do.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
xavison

3 posts · Jun 2009
OK, here we are:

HTML Code:
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(String.fromCharCode(60)+"script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http"+("https:"==document.location.protocol?"s":"")+"://code.etracker.com/t.js?et=XrKR9s\">"+String.fromCharCode(60)+"/script>");</script>
<script type="text/javascript">_etc();</script>
As I said when I click "save" the 4 symbols \ are automatically deleted!

Thanks and regards,
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
replace each '\' with two '\'s i.e. you have

...'script type=\"text/javascript\" ...

change it to

...'script type=\\"text/javascript\\" ...

The options are stored in a mySQL database adn the backslash is the mySQL escape character, so you need to use two of them to represent one.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:59 AM
xavison

3 posts · Jun 2009
OK now it works, thanks for your support.