Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Odd problem with ATA and "Login With Ajax" plugin

Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:17 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Hi!
I'm working on a site (temp working url www.davebeulke.com/beulke42dave ) that exhibits an odd problem - but only in IE (I'm using v8) (Win FF,Chrome & Safari all are fine)

I am using a plugin "Logon with Ajax" which when you click on "Register" overlays a "wash" over the browser screen and places a registration window above it. The problem is that in IE8 it looks like the registration window appears *below* the wash and is not clickable/fill-inable.
I have tried giving the reg window a 20000 z-index to no avail.

I have removed all plugins but the "Logon with Ajax" and the problem persists. I have switched to the 2010 theme and the problem goes away.

So.... It appears to be a conflict between Atahualpa and the "Logon with Ajax" plugin.

I have also contacted the plugin author, NetWebLogic.com and am pursuing this with them as well, but no joy so far.

WordPress 3.0.1, ATA 3.5.3,

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
Ken

Addenda Oct 1...
Well, I'm putting this on hold for now. It is some sort of odd css problem, but I needed to get the site working... So as a temporary workaround, in ATA I added in the HTML/CSS area the following:

/* this disables the overlay/wash */
div#exposeMask {display:none !important;}
/* this removes the opacity of the Reg window in the browsers that support it */
#LoginWithAjax_Register.default { opacity:1;}

Now the Registration window will be available in all current browsers. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Ken

Last edited by kdawes01; Oct 1, 2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Instituting a workaround instead of a fix