Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add operational magnifier to search box

Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:54 AM
gavinh

5 posts · Jun 2010
Hi,

Is there anyway of adding an operational magnifier or button to the search box within the header area? I realise there is the option of adding a search box widget into the header area that contains the magnifier but I want the search box to appear within the page menu at the far right hand side. I can achieve using padding on the current search box but wouldn't know how to attempt this using a widget or editing the Page menu bar itself.

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gavin
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what do you mean by 'operational magnifier'?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:39 PM
gavinh

5 posts · Jun 2010
Hi JD,

Apologies for my unclear description! The default search box, within the header, that you can switch on and off from the ATO has a grey magnifier to the right of the box but you cannot click it after entering text - I would like to have this magnifier or another button active in that you can mouse click it to search, similar to the search widget. Either that or is there a way of positioning a widget within the Page Menu?

Thanks,

Gavin