Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Metatag issue; noindex,nofollow

Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:43 AM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello. I seem to have a problem with the metatag <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />

I would like the search engines to find every post in my website but with the above tag it wouln't happen.

I set the wordpress privacy settings to public (anybody and search engines can crawl) and set the atahualpa seo settings to no where appropriate.

Basically it should be good now but the source view of my pages keep showing me <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />

What to do?

Sakshin
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:04 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
So, I turned off the ata seo functions and let GD Tools do a little bit of the Metatag tweeking. By now the source view shows me this;

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow" />

This is insane. Two of the same tag beneath eachother. Can anybody please tell me where the 'noindex,nofollow' comes from and how to get rid of it. My client website will be on the news worldwide next friday and were expecting millions of hits. Should be nice if this should be fixed before that day.
I did spent 10 hours on checking everything but I cannot find the solution.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:55 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Maybe do with this topic what I did with GD Tools plugin; delete it. All my problems are solved.
I use atahualpa SEO settings now, I see no metatags about follow or no follow anymore, and I think it's good.

Thanx anyway, till the next episode,

Sakshin.