Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Need to make header full (margins??)

Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:10 PM
CMB

4 posts · Sep 2011
Unhappy Need to make header full (margins??)

Here is my blog

Issue #1: Problem (as you can see) is the header is getting chopped of on either side. My padding is Zero. I have pretty much ZERO CSS knowledge so I need help on knowing where to configure?

Issue #2: Also, when you visit my link, you can see the far left side has the feedburner link and many other little icons. I used the BFA subscribe widget and it appears to put too much stuff on there...I have to fix THAT first before I can allow my site to truly go live (notify my subscribers) so can you help me with either of these? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I do LOVE this theme and just really want to understand more, and enjoy learning...but for now I need to hurry and get these two things started so I can then take my time and learn EVERYTHING else!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Issue 1 - You just need to set a minimum width or a fixed width for the site.

Issue 2 - You can either use CSS to hide what you don't want or look for another plugin that has a widget for just what you want to show. If you indicate what you want hidden either I or someone can give you the CSS you need.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:05 PM
CMB

4 posts · Sep 2011
I ONLY want a text box to enter an email address and a button for RSS feed. The other button from the BFA Subscribe is an ad of some sort? Click on the RSS feed button and it tells me I am a winner and takes me away from my site...what the heck? Can you tell me specifically what I should be inserting in text on BFA Subscribe and what should be blank?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:18 PM
CMB

4 posts · Sep 2011
Ok, I disabled the BFA Subscribe and found that by entering the text from the Feedburner publicize area I can get just the simplified "subscribe here" box. Question: What happened to my Feedsmith? I installed the plug in, but I feel as though it is linking me with Feedburner and nothing with Feedsmith. I am getting really confused!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You either have to configure the Atahualpa settings in the theme options and the widget or do as you did for the email subscription and use the Chicklet Chooser in your Feedburner account for the RSS feed.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:00 PM
CMB

4 posts · Sep 2011
Thank you...side note...if I have saved a jpeg file on my server in my public html, how do I learn how to reference it correctly?