Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How to remove picture title

Old Oct 12, 2013, 09:43 AM
billybatz9

38 posts · Jan 2013
[SOLVED] How to remove picture title

How to remove (title for images) from my alt descriptions for the post?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
more info please
Old Oct 13, 2013, 02:39 PM
billybatz9

38 posts · Jan 2013
Say I am posting an article...

Article 1:
I post an article and put an image at the bottom of the article with a pic title saying "image, photo by bob"

Now..... on my blog page, the image title does not get put in the article preview post if I have it set to show 300 characters.

Article 2:
I post an article and put an image on the top right hand corner of the article with a pic title saying "image, photo by bob"

Now..... on my blog page, the image title will be included in the article preview post making the preview look distorted.

Any idea how to exclude the image title from being displayed in the preview post when I place images on the top right hand corner of my articles?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
A url point to the examples would be helpful.

If you are looking at your blog page and displaying the posts as excerpts, Atahualpa (following Wordpress's lead) strips all HTTML from the post depending on the number of words you are displaying in the excerpt. Atahualpa lets you specify HTML that you don't want to strip.

If you have HTML that is not being stripped, it counts towards the 'Excerpt count' a word is all teh characters between spaces.

So with that information, you can see that answering your question is tough unless you hand craft your excerpts - a wordpress feature in the post editor. If you have a hand crafted excerpt, that gets used and you have conrol over it's length and content.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:37 PM
billybatz9

38 posts · Jan 2013
This was my problem
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8774

But you answered it.

Thank you