Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page menu bar: Styling sub menus

Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:19 AM
unelma

18 posts · Oct 2009
I have been trying to find answer for this question:

I have got horisontal page menu bar, which is in: ATO>Configure Header Area>%logo %pages

How I can style sub menu?

I want to remove it to the left sidebar under the first level page menu bar.
And also I want it is visible only when user has been clicked the parent page, not that default roll-over effect.

Thanks for lot.
Unelma

WordPress 3.0.1.
Atahualpa 3.4.9
Old Oct 31, 2010, 05:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the URL that shows the issue?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 06:06 AM
unelma

18 posts · Oct 2009
I made example picture for you and send it by PM.

It is very important that when the customer creates new page, and chose the right parent for it, the sub page will automatically come to the second or third level menu.

The question is what is the best way to do navigation like that?

Thanks very much for help, I have this porblem in two wp site, and I´m very gratefull if you can help me.

Thanks,
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:45 AM
unelma

18 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

okei,

I inserted this to Ato> Css inserts

ul.rMenu li.current_page_parent {
background: #00ffff !important;
}

And it works fine in second level sub page. Parent page is highlighted in sub page.

But it doesn´t work in third level subpage.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
each level of the menu is a LIST, so if you have three levels you have a LIST inside a list that is inside a list or in html terms
<UL>
<LI>...</LI>
<LI>...</LI>
<UL>
<LI>...</LI>
<LI>...</LI>
<UL>
<LI>...</LI>
<LI>...</LI>
</UL>
<LI>...</LI>
</UL>
<LI>...</LI>
</UL>
your CSS only addressed two levels, you need to address the third level.

The menu styling is the most complicated in the theme, there are about 400 lines of CSS selectors and rules for the menus (seven levels!).
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:15 AM
derekwbeck

151 posts · Nov 2010
being that these are the most complicated, i'm loathe to attempt to change my menus... is there an easy way to split the styling for the menus from other ordinary lists? (I don't like the spacing for the lists, but saw it effects the spacing of my menu buttons, so left it)

all i really want to do is give my menus a transparent background (which the GUI does not allow) and set only the top and bottom borders to have a color...