Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Change Post display with Custom Taxonomies

Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:52 PM
rpersonal2

10 posts · Mar 2010
Hi everyone,

I am desparate to figure something out. I have no PHP experience and haven't found a plugin to help me.

I am attempting to use custom taxonomies for a given category and would like to display within a post the terms of those taxonomies.

The attached picture is an example of a post category "movie news" with Genre and Actors as the taxonomies for that category. This post displays the terms of that taxonomy. I have been researching this for a while but as I said I am a bit new as to what to write, where to write it. I of course would like to make it as simple as possible so that I don't lose any coding upon upgrade. Perhaps there are shortcodes available or a way for me to edit the post template?

Using Atahaulpa 3.6.7 and wordpress 3.2.1.

Similarly I would like the posts page to output 1-line displays of recent posts with only Title, Genre, Actors on each line (also see attached example picture).

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post display style.png
Views:	1197
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1490  Click image for larger version

Name:	Posts page.png
Views:	1169
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	1491  
Old May 1, 2012, 07:00 PM