Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Can I remove excerpt from one post ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 12, 2011, 03:40 AM
jonb2010

14 posts · Jun 2011
[SOLVED] Can I remove excerpt from one post ?

Hi everybody and thanks for all the knowledge I've gained so far from this forum. Answered all of my questions reading the old posts and this is the first time I've needed to ask a new question.

I'm using the Share and Follow plugin and I'm having a problem with a post with 2 pictures but without any text in it. I've suppressed the Share Icons in Share and Follow by using the post ID but I still get the text like this "Share:Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook share via Reddit Share with Stumblers Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this post Tell a friend".

I thought I could be clever and put some white text in there so it matched my background as a workaround but it then puts the title of the text after the invisible text.

So basically I'd like to keep the thumbnail excerpt but stop the text from appearing. Anybody got any ideas ?

Also I'd like to show readers some of my other posts at the bottom of my posts to get them to read a bit more but I don't know what it's called. I've seen some people have 3 or 4 thumbnails which seem to randomly rotate to link through to other posts.