Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Font color in Posts

Old Nov 3, 2014, 07:41 AM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
Font color in Posts

I discovered the font color in my Blog posts was not what I expected or wanted and I can't find where to make the change. Here's an example: http://driftlessprairies.org/?p=7095

I'm not sure why the font color in the posts would be different from the pages, but I would like to have these the same. Here's a page example of the font color: http://driftlessprairies.org/?page_id=2007

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you reviewed the page/post options?
Have you reviewed your css Insert option?
Have you looked at it with a code inspector to see what css is being applied?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 01:45 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
I did all of those and redid them as well since I'm such a beginner.

Here's the CSS from the blog and it shows nothing about font color:
#subscribe-email input {
padding: 1px 2px;
width: 95%;
}
.comment-subscription-form .subscribe-label {
display: inline !important;
}

Here's something different that I did discover -- this odd font color applies only to the photo gallery of this post. No other post uses an image gallery. So then I thought of the customization we just did for the font size and AHA! There's the color. But that leads me to another question...why is this color only showing up in image galleries in posts while the links within a gallery image in pages remains as #2F01F4 which is the color designated in the "Body, Links, Text" section.

.gallery-caption {
color: #00ffff;
font-size: 0.7em;
line-height: 13px;
margin: 0;
padding: 2px 4px 5px;
}
Old Nov 3, 2014, 02:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
FYI: the CSS rule for font color is 'color'
more specific CSS takes a higher precedence than less specific CSS
Old Nov 3, 2014, 02:54 PM
Marci

17 posts · Mar 2014
SW Wisconsin
I do recall the specificity rule, but both of those rules have the hex#, which would make them both specific. Why would the "gallery" CSS that you helped me with recently override the Body/Text & Links area?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 05:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Speficity relates to CSS Selector not the rules. The selector is what is outside the {...}'s
The selector determines what rules are applied to what elements