Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Horizontal Ticker without scrollbars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 29, 2016, 01:03 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Horizontal Ticker without scrollbars

I've been trying to solve this for a whole day and my head is starting to hurt. Not specific to Montezuma, but I know a couple of guys here that are really good with CSS, so I thought I'd give them a good challenge

I came up with a 100% CSS ticker - like the one you see on the footer of news channels, only I don't want it stuck on the footer. And that's what's been messing me up - unless I use position: absolute and stick it to the bottom of the screen, I get a horizontal scrollbar.

Any way to get rid of the horizontal scroller without absolute positioning?

Here is a live example: https://jsfiddle.net/xcommie/6fkfj3gk/