Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Add text to every post using Css

Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:09 AM
PWenk

2 posts · Feb 2011
Add text to every post using Css

Hello,

I would like to add font size 14 quotation marks before first character and after last character of every post automatically.

example
before
This is a test post

Result
"This is a test post"

i have tried adding the quotation marks in The Loop section, however it does not line up properly.
can anyone help point me in the right direction?
thank you
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:59 PM
Marco.s

10 posts · Feb 2011
You could use :before and :after pseudo elements.

I'm not sure it will show the way you want, but this should be the closest you could get to it:

Code:
div.post-bodycopy p:before {
content:"\000022";
font-size:14px;
padding-right:5px;
}

div.post-bodycopy p:after  {
content:"\000022";
font-size:14px;
padding-left:5px;
}
keep in mind that this will apply to all paragraphs in the post.

An attempt could be done even with div.post-bodycopy:before and some relative positioning play, if you wish, to move the quote closer to the text.

Since I couldn't place the quotation mark in the content: , had to escape that character (that's where the \000022 comes from).
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:54 AM
PWenk

2 posts · Feb 2011
Marco, Thank you for your reply, I will play with your code a bit to see how it looks.
Much appreciated