Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

New to WP...Got Ata 3.3..?'s on Ata vs Montezuma and TOP THINGS TO CUSTOMIZE - FIX?

Old May 24, 2009, 08:17 PM
Brasshatgroup

2 posts · May 2009
Hi all...your site and forum is awesome. I'm already a big fan and lighting up the Digg boards with a few of the suggestions.

Ok so here's the deal I made the switch to from blogger (ugh - functional, but as you know long-term not the solution). I think Ive done a decent job thus far and my blogger site was only just under 2mo. old. It was called Riddled Phantasms and really it ran a bunch of analytics and heavy on social network/media (I worked for JWT/RMG Connect - Digital/Interactive wing of J. Walter Thompson till mid Feb. when they "said I wasn't performing up to Supervisor level stds., b/c I contracted a variant of MS that also has me with 7 burst/compression fractures in my spine and osteoporosis everywhere at 33...nice ).

Anyhow I'm re-grouping and made Riddled Phantasms as a way to keep busy since morphine and percocet haven't been doing much for pain (even fetynal ugh). Anyhow it kind of took off I got a lot of show passes and done reviews when I can. I got not only Riddled Phantasms, but also the private consulting work I can do under the Brass Hat Group name and url that is going to be the business side

As you can see http://brasshatgroup.com is up and running (not open to the search engines yet b/c like I said I need to swap brasshatgroup.com to riddledphantasms.com and then create brasshatgroup.com (got that part covered or have some1 to help).

I guess here what I am asking being a TOTAL noob to WP and this template (which seems by far the most diverse/adjustable) is the following:

* How does it stack up to Montezuma?

* Seeing the heavy use of widgets I use, any ideas on slimming it down and making it prettier (blogger is prettier atm (though I am proud of my new header and my lil ninja icon ((any way to make it bigger than 16x16, lil guy is so dayum small can see his coolenss))

* What are thoughts ideas on the use of the Header Image H2 (I think it's called not sure, the one with the fancy pics of Chris Cornell, Ben Harper, Nico, Brett Dennen, etc...) versus using the H1 and then the other header (Ive read troubles with this, didn't know if they had been resolved or what the deal is/was/is ) and what is the best size that you all think is useful (I'm using 1280x300 for that header)?

* What are the best analytic data trackers to add and can you put them hidden in footer (does this allow that?)

* What is the diff. between "labels" on blogger and "categories" on WP and then "tags"
(so #@@$! confused on that one)?

* Is there a way to change the overall font to one set one or am I going to have to do this post by post? Didn't know if there was a plugin?

* Anything else you all can think of from looking at that you think would help/fix/improve...etc...?

I know this is asking a LOT
and I honestly don't expect much, but you can post here or email me at brasshatgroup@gmail.com.

Thank you all for this Forum!!!

I think it's great, I think the way you help each other is GREAT and I am getting sicker lately (missed some killer shows Dave Matthews with Press/Photo passes and NIN/Jane's Addiction due to illness nice eh)...feel free to grab whatever music you want and if there is anything out there that you might also want (musically, got some model pals, but not sure you can dl them...boys and girls), from Interscope some Universal, and Sacks and Co. and Red Light Management that you don't see I will see what I can do for ya.

Thanks all!

My name is Ross.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:38 PM
Brasshatgroup

2 posts · May 2009
No ideas from anyone?
Old May 29, 2009, 06:57 AM
eyup

34 posts · Mar 2009
"Is there a way to change the overall font to one set one or am I going to have to do this post by post? Didn't know if there was a plugin?"

In Appearance > Atahualpha Theme Options > Body, Text & Links (button at top)

Change the 'Body Style' area:

font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;

eg change tahoma to Helvetica or any other web friendly font.
Old May 29, 2009, 02:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your best bet is to go read about Wordpress for example, if you look in the codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Glossary) you will find this:
------------
Category
Each post in WordPress is filed under a category. Thoughtful categorization allows posts to be grouped with others of similar content and aids in the navigation of a site. Please note, the post category should not be confused with the Link Categories used to classify and manage Links.
------------
Tag
A tag is a keyword which describes all or part of a Post. Think of it like a Category, but smaller in scope. A post may have several tags, many of which relate to it only peripherally. Like Categories, Tags are usually linked to a page which shows all posts having the same tag. Unlike Categories, Tags can be created on-the-fly, by simply typing them into the tag field.

Tags can also be displayed in "clouds" which show large numbers of Tags in various sizes, colors, etc. This allows for a sort of total perspective on the blog, allowing people to see the sort of things your blog is about most.

Many people confuse Tags and Categories, but the difference is easy: Categories generally don't change often, while your Tags usually change with every Post.
------------

Not knowing blogger, I can't tell you the difference
HTML Code:
 What is the diff. between "labels" on blogger and "categories" on WP and then "tags"
(so #@@$! confused on that one)?
}
Old May 31, 2009, 09:00 PM
Tarzanna77

10 posts · Apr 2009
* How does it stack up to Montezuma?
Sorry, never used that one, looks very similar to this one though, perhaps Atahualupa is more customizable? Not sure... I have used Atahualupa on a couple of sites, I'm really enjoying getting into the css to make each unique in their own rights.

* Seeing the heavy use of widgets I use, any ideas on slimming it down and making it prettier
Not sure what you mean by "prettier"? You've got a nice start there... As far as slimming it down, you mean load-time? it's reccomended you use a caching plugin, such as "Super Cache" or "WP Cache" Or if you are looking for a more "compact" use of space, take a look at the "tabbed widget" feature that has been added to the newest Atahualupa... It does require an additional download of the plugin itself, but it should work with the newest version of Atahualupa (3.3.3).

*my lil ninja icon -any way to make it bigger than 16x16, lil guy is so dayum small can see his coolness

This is an effect of ALL favicons, you can choose to create a favicon only using his face, which would possibly make his "coolness" more noticible. Or if he truly is part of your logo, why not add him in larger somewhere in your header?

* What are the best analytic data trackers to add and can you put them hidden in footer (does this allow that?)
You can add analytics most easily with a google analyitics plugin, there are a couple available... Google Analytics for WordPress, Google Analyticator etc. do a search in your admin area under "plugins" - "Add new" and it should bring up a couple to choose from. You need to have a google analytics account/code for it to work of course. I bellieve wordpress also has a "stats" plugin available, haven't used it myself, so I don't know how it compares.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:22 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Montezuma is similar to Atahualpa 2, not Atahualpa 3. I have not touched Montezuma for many months